The Day Dreams Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 2014 that works to eliminate financial barriers to participating in extracurricular activities and promotes healthy life styles, goal setting, academics, teamwork and respect for others. The foundation awards scholarships to children from lower-income families to participate in extracurriculars. To date, the organization has awarded more than $100,000 to more than 300 kids in Columbia. Children that qualify for free or reduced lunch at school are eligible to receive scholarship funding.
Day Dreams Foundation is seeking to hire our first staff member to coordinate our scholarship program. Our ideal candidate is organized, passionate about kids, self-motivated, and reliable.
Duties may include:
- Staff and organize the equipment closet
- Process scholarship applications
- Answer phone/return calls
- Serve as primary point of contact for families
- Prepare applications for review by program committee
- Meet with families to award scholarships and follow up with families
- Keep our online database and paper records organized
- Post about scholarship meetings on social media
- Coordinate planning of activity fair/equipment resale
- Enter new donations into online database
- Help write donor thank you notes
- Oversee a team of Service Learning Students from University of Missouri
- Staff events in the community to promote scholarships
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, basic computer literacy, and organization skills
- High school diploma
- Ability to work without direct supervision
Job Type: Part-time, average of 10 to 15 hours per week
Hours will be flexible, however candidate must have some availability between 9 and 5 during the week to staff the office and oversee student volunteers. Ideal candidate would have some flexibility in their schedule to meet with families to award scholarships.
Pay: $14-$16 per hour, depending on experience
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Joe Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.